[meteorite-list] New Arizona Find....

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 15 20:45:46 2005

Hi Bill,

I had to dig through my old e-mails to remind myself what my
"guess" was:

"... hard to guess from a single photo -- almost certainly an H-
or an L-chondrite. Doesn't look unequilibrated, but it doesn't
look completely equilibrated either. My best guess would be H5
or L5, though the petrologic grade could be 4 or (less likely) 6.
Weathering grade probably W2 or W3 -- the metal flecks look
pretty good. Don't see evidence of high shock, so S3 or less."

I guess when you're as non-commital as I was, it's easy to guess
correctly. ;-) --Rob