[meteorite-list] Ensisheim

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 15 10:32:49 2005

> In august 2002, the slice starts to fell apart.
> Then, I put it in a Tupperware full with isopropilic alcohol at 99,9% and
> sealed the Tupperware in a plastic bag. I was waiting to find a solution.
> But I forgot it there and I opened the Tupperware last week.
> I found no more alcohol and the Brahin in very bad shape. I live in
> Montreal, Canada; In general moderately wet.

Meteosites are like womans, dont like when You not remember about them.
Also alcohol its not solution to keep meteorites in it. So Im not surprised
why its soo bad now.

You should put to alcohol in ultraconic cleaner, remove rust by sanding or
etching solution, then heat it and oiled it. Maybe try to put for short time
to NaOH solution to remove acids.
But alcohol for along time its the same as water.

But now You can fortunatelly buy same size Brahin slice for much less, and
continue Your experiments :)))))

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195