[meteorite-list] Hungarian NHM Meteorite Database

From: Herbert Raab <herbert.raab_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jun 14 10:13:42 2005

Dear fellow collectors,

by chance I found that the Hungarian Natural History Museum has
a searchable database of their meteorite collection online, and I
thought that others might be interested in that. The URL is:

  http://www.nhmus.hu/kutatas/adatbazisok/meteorit/index_a.html

You can search for meteorites, and display the details (weight,
size, description, etc.) of the specimens in their collection.
For a number of specimens, there are even images available, like
these:

Knyahinya, 1310g individual:
 http://www.nhmus.hu/kutatas/adatbazisok/meteorkepek/M.59.390.jpg

Mocs, 2235g oriented individual:
  http://www.nhmus.hu/kutatas/adatbazisok/meteorkepek/M.62.005.jpg

Gross-Divina, stunning 9910g oriented individual:
  http://www.nhmus.hu/kutatas/adatbazisok/meteorkepek/M.62.010.jpg

Minnichhof, 462.6g main mass of this rare Austrian meteorite. (I
was actually serching for more information on that when I found
this page):
  http://www.nhmus.hu/kutatas/adatbazisok/meteorkepek/M.59.342.jpg

Hope you like the images or maybe you find the database of some
interest...

  Best greetings,

  Herbert Raab