[meteorite-list] Stolen "fake" meteorites park in China

From: drtanuki <drtanuki_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jun 10 06:21:40 2005

Dear List,
  I just received a message that a meteorite park (all
of which were Earth rocks) has been stolen from Altai,
Xinjiang, China. I visited the site earlier this
month. The park was comprised of hundreds of black
Earth rocks (TKW 1000`s of tons). The local police
are now seriously investigating as a case for the
death penalty.
  If anyone can locate an article on the Internet
please forward it to me. I have photos of the park
prior to its theft.
  If anyone is offered "meteorites" from China please
contact me offlist. Most likely these rocks will be
sold locally in China as "meteorites".
Thank you.
Sincerely, Dirk Ross...Tokyo