[meteorite-list] thin section waste?

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 8 20:33:22 2005

It likely is due to the manufacturing needs, the need to properly mount it,
or grip it.
That question would be best for the section maker, as they know why they
need it so thick.
Perhaps it is to make multiple sections.
You perhaps should have clarified that in your first email, it merely looked
like you do not want to have any cut loss on the section.You did not specify
that it was a particular situation with exact needs (for example the 10mm
that they request).
I agree that there is perhaps a better way. But you also need to understand,
that sections makers make sections of anything, and meteorites is one little
niche, so perhaps they don't take into account the rarity of the material.
Mike