[meteorite-list] thin section waste?

From: Michael Farmer <meteoritehunter_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 8 20:23:22 2005

Tom, will, then why waste the time and glue to paste it to the slide? Just
throw a chunk in the machine. Of course, then you will destroy a
multi-million $$$ machine but hay, you saved some material from being ground
away.
A thin section is made so thin that light can pass through the meteorite! It
has to be ground down that thin.
Have you ever seen a thin section?
Mike