[meteorite-list] Re: AD: Video Footage of our trip to Oman

From: MeteorHntr_at_aol.com <MeteorHntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jun 7 00:42:27 2005

Hello Darren, and list,

Really there is no offense taken. From a purely marketing stand point, one never wants to price an item at a price that EVERONE would buy it, because you know you are pricing it too cheap. :-) So my effort here was not to try to sell YOU on buying one. Yet on the other hand, I didn't want dozens of people to not order it because your argument did have a ring of logic to it. I felt there was a little need to restate my position.

Honestly, I think the extra publicity did help generate a couple more sales, so in a worst case, it probably would have offset any damage it might have caused by people deciding not to order it because of your thread. Besides, good discourse on any subject (especially on marketing) I feel is always healthy. And it gave Michael Blood a fine opportunity to wax eloquent, and I am sure he feels better just being able to get that load off his chest!

As for the quality becoming anywhere close to a professional documentary, you don't have to save up your $20 waiting for the "Directors Cut" to come out. If and when it would come out, trust me, you would be disappointed in the cinematography. I don't think Steven Spielburg could take my raw footage and make it good enough. Besides, even if he did, there would still be what, maybe 35 people total who would be interested in buying a copy on the topic?

I am just looking to get a Harvey Award NOMINATION out of this. I don't think there is ANY chance I could actually win a Harvey. ;-)

Steve Arnold #1