[meteorite-list] What was he thinking?

From: Bob Evans <bobe5531_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jun 6 19:53:46 2005

Did you see the pictures?
Why would anyone cut it in half ? I have some nice oriented ones that have a
small corner ground down. Wouldn't that be enough for an experienced
collector to ascertain the type?
Once you ground a corner and exposed the interior then a person could decide
if they should destroy the piece any further.

Did you ever see Mike Farmers oriented stone from Roosevelt Co. New Mexico?
He cut the bottom of the stone and didn't touch any of the oriented
features.
I should of bought that piece when he offered it to me. One of the best
oriented ones out there.

Bob