[meteorite-list] What was he thinking?

From: Bob Evans <bobe5531_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jun 6 19:36:26 2005

Tell me,

Am I the only one who gets perturbed everytime somebody cuts a nice oriented
meteorite for classification ?
I mean, wouldn't any logical person kick theirself in the ass after they
find out that its just another ordinary chondrite?
I could see if there was some telltale signs that the piece could be a rare
meteorite from the exterior, but how can one ruin a nice oriented specimen
when it most likely is a OC. There are tons of nasty looking meteorites to
cut open to satisfy the curiosity. Why waste the oriented ones?

Have a look :
http://www.meteoris.de/list/DaG113.htm

Bob