[meteorite-list] AD: Video Footage of our trip to Oman

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jun 5 10:04:17 2005

On Sun, 05 Jun 2005 02:03:38 -0500, "Sterling K. Webb" <kelly_at_bhil.com> wrote:

> Street price on a Plextor 16X internal about $100, externals a little more
>but how many USB 2.0 ports can you support (with beefed up power supply)?
>Answer is: lots! You also need the software that allows simultaneous burning
>of multiple DVD's at the same time.

I was thinking about mentioning something similar, but on a lower budget, lower volume formula. I
was going to say what I would do in the situation would be to buy an adapter to move my HD from a
EIDE port to a serial-ATA one (cost-- about $15 bucks) then pick up 4 8-speed burners (cost-- about
$40 each) and fill the 4 EIDE ports with those. Total cost for that adaptation-- less than $200.
Fire up Nero, choose to burn to all 4 drives at once, and you could crank out 24 or so discs per
hour.

I'm not so sure that I'd trust USB 2.0 or Firewire for high-speed, multiple-drive burning, so if 4
EIDE drives wasn't enough, I'd think you'd want to go SCSI.