[meteorite-list] eBay/paypal phishing

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jun 5 03:43:36 2005

..yep - ignore them - I get at least 3 a day - and eBay & Paypal do nothing
to stop them.

Just forward to spoof_at_ebay.com or spoof@paypal.com

Actually if you click on the link as if you were going to be fooled, you can
see the address bar change to a suspect URL, not eBay or Paypal.

What I do then is find the owner of the URL (using a WHOIS or similar
lookup) and advise them yourself - then send them megabytes of crap data as
an attachment until they tell me to desist, then I quote them the suspect
URL again telling them again that they are supporting criminal activity.
They probably delete them, but it's fun for me.
I do the same with 419 scammers - I have a fast link so I can send a 6 Mb
file in a few secs and I do that a dozen times until their server crashes at
their end.....

I have nothing better to do with my time....

Ho hum.....

best!

dave
IMCA #0092