[meteorite-list] yahoogroups posting CHICAGO STEVE

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jun 4 13:20:52 2005

Hello John and list,

My point before still stands. I do not see the need for scores of e-mails
bashing Steve on the list. This is a scientific list. We have had about
3000 of these.

If you look at my last e-mail again, you will see I answered Steve's
question very honestly and directly. I did not make fun of how Steve looks
or dresses, nor did I compare him with a farm animal or the like.
Suggesting he not ask "Why?" for the fourth or fifth time does not seem
illogical to me. And is in line with keeping anti-Steve e-mails down. I do
not see this positive for the "hobby". You do not see me repeating the same
thing to Steve (and the list) for the #### time.

Also, despite how some of you responded to my "no more ant-Steve" e-mail, it
was not pro-Steve. The list has a way of reading what they want in e-mails.
  I was suggesting that the list could do without the 100+ e-mails a week on
Steve. So, while, we are on this, please do not group me with the
anti-Steve mob the list has formed. Many of these e-mails are quite vulgar.
  Despite how some of you talley the list opinion, many feel the anti-Steve
posting is as bad or worst, the Steve posting.

You have heard the phrase two wrongs don't make a right. This is more like
six wrongs don't make a right.

Do you not think 3000 e-mails on a negative subject is sufficent? Perhaps
you should build an "anti-Steve" website with a forum. Therefore, those
wanting to do the posting have a place for it, and those not wanting to hear
can choose not too.

Another great ideal, from a different list member, is place CHICAGO STEVE,
in the subject line. Do this, and everyone can block e-mails with such.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com