[meteorite-list] WD40

From: Meteoryt.net <marcin_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jun 3 08:14:29 2005

 Al,
> The humidity goes up because the hydrogen in the
> hydrocarbons contained in kerosene reacts with oxygen
> in the air to produce water during the combustion
> process.
> Also, liquid water is not very miscible with kerosene
> or with WD40.

Hi
Me and my friends stop using WD-40 becouse of 2 accidents that show us that
WD-40 could be dangerous.

Mr Mazurek, biggest polish collector have some hundreds grams nantan shale
specimen (this old one, with no iron) This specimen was stable and not rust.
I dont know why, he use WD-40 on it and few weeks later he have 1000 nantans
specimens :)
Also he use WD-40 on his 72kg Campo. Soon many slices of rusty exterior from
the surface was fall out. Every day he must remove rusty oxidized fragments
under his specimen.

So he start use Balistol and from that time its everything OK.

WD-40 is "rust remover" so it is designed to remove rust, unblock rusy locks
etc.
So if it find rust in meteorite it will start remove it so can destroy
specimen.
Ofcourse its not happend everytime, but for me its dangerous item, and I
dont want risk anymore.

http://www.Meteoryt.net marcin_at_meteoryt.net
http://www.PolandMET.com marcin_at_polandmet.com
http://www.Gao-Guenie.com GSM +48(607)535 195