[meteorite-list] WD-40

From: mafer_at_imagineopals.com <mafer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jun 2 15:31:23 2005

Hello Nicholas and list

Here is the email I got back from the people who make it.
Dear Mark,

WD-40 does not contain any water.

Best regards,

Eva Zabowski
Consumer Relations
WD-40 Company
Now, this isn't an endorsment to use it, or to negate anything already
said. Its just what the maker says.

Which kinda re-enforces the MSDS on the product.

As far as evaporation goes, well, thats a known from deck treatments which
contain parafins (mineral oils) which evaporate in about 18 months
according to the US Forestry Department (I attended a seminar years ago).

So, its also safe to think that opther products may have limited lifespans
if they contain any parafins as well.

Got some good info going here folks!
I'm happy with the results and will munch on some chocolate cookies as I
digest the info, thanks

Mark Ferguson