[meteorite-list] Water in Meteorites

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jun 1 16:59:00 2005

Dear List,

Scientists reported fluid trains in the olivine of NWA 969 which I had a
chance to see under a very high powered microscope. They looked like
bubbles that you would see tailing a scuba diver underwater arranged in
groups or fluid trains as reported to the NomCom during classification. I
do not know if these contain water or some liquefied gas under high pressure
hence the question mark in our auctions. What is needed is a freezing stage
on a microscope to see what temperature they solidify. I was told, it is
not that uncommon to find these fluid trains in terrestrial olivine that
contain water, you just need to know what to look for.

Kind Regards,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection
Team LunarRock