AW: [meteorite-list] Rocks From Space Picture of the Day - July 26, 2005

From: Jörn Koblitz <koblitz_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jul 26 10:19:49 2005

Hello Moni,

> What a great piece and the flow lines are great!

Indeed, this is a unique meteorite. It also got the lowest Ge content of any known iron meteorite.

> Does it look very porous though?

It is not porous at all, but got well developed regmaglypts and a black fusion crust.

> Why is it, weathering?

It is an observed fall and was recovered short after. No weathering at all.

> Pictures would be great!

The attached picture shows an unetched slice cut from the lower "flat" part of the main mass as depicted by Cohen.

Cheers,
J?rn