[meteorite-list] Moldavite Update

From: Norm Lehrman <nlehrman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jul 21 14:35:49 2005

All,

I have access to a PIMA (portable infrared mineral
analyzer). These operate on spectral reflectance in
the SWIR spectrum (1300-2500 nanometers). There are
excellent water absorption features in this range.
I'm sure I've run tektites before, but never in direct
comparison with volcanic and man-made glasses. I'll
do this next time I'm back in the office and report
back. I do still have one of the chinese bottle-glass
pseudotektites somewhere if I can find it--

Regards,
Norm
http://TektiteSource.com