[meteorite-list]OT: Interesting page

From: Sterling K. Webb <kelly_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jul 12 22:49:56 2005

Hi, Moni, List,

    This concept was originally out forward as a book and subsequently a short
film (or the other way around), called POWERS OF TEN by Charles and Ray Eames.
    I remember seeing it in the late 1970's or perhaps early 1980's and it
wasn't new then, so the concept goes 'way back. The book sold very well, a large
"coffeetable" book.
    The film is available as part of DVD collection of Eames films, published in
2000. A child's "flipbook" is out of print. An expansion of the idea is
available in a book by Philip Morrison with the same title. Check Amazon.
    I can't remember it well enough to tell if these images are the same or a
re-doing, but it's the idea and the experience that sticks in your head.
    It still does.

Sterling K. Webb