Re-2: [meteorite-list] Help, your opinion needed

From: bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jul 9 15:33:28 2005

AL kindly wrote:

> Also if it were some 35 feet away I am pretty sure you would
> have heard something either before it came down or shortly
> after.

Hello AL, Jim and List,

Here are some of the "somethings" you should have heard:

- crackling sounds like gunshots
- cannon-like explosion followed by a hissing sound
- whizzing sound as if hot metal had come in contact with water
- a noise like thunder or the rolling of drums
- whizzing noise or the sound of escaping steam
- loud rumbling noise sounding very much like thunder
- a hizzing noise
- loud detonation sounds and 'an approaching aeroplane-like noise'
- a whirring sound, a whistling sound
- a hissing and then a rumbling noise
- a loud buzzing noise
- a loud sissing noise, a humming noise, a whining noise

Best whizzing
regards,

Bernd