[meteorite-list] Randsburg Iron Update

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jul 7 23:17:27 2005

Dear List,

Just a quick update on the Randsburg California Iron. The scientists at the
University of Washington finally got a chance to microprobe a complete slice
today. The results are so outrageous that I will have to wait for a formal
report in order to announce them. I will tell you what I can now below.

We found out what probably damaged the blades. We no longer suspect
diamonds since none were found. We suspect carbides because some were
identified.

All kinds of minerals were found, some so outrageous for a meteorite that I
am reluctant to post them for fear that something may be in error. There is
also a good possibility that a new mineral may have been discovered, talk
about exciting!

It looks like this unclassified eBay meteorite purchase may prove to be the
bargain of the year for me. Maybe it will make up for all of the times I
received a less than satisfactory deal on eBay.

Kind Regards,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection
Team LunarRock