[meteorite-list] Fresh Meteorite fall in India on 26th June.

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jul 3 17:11:08 2005

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 10:59:41 -0700 (PDT), Manoj Pai <manojpai_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>There was a fresh meteorite fall in Bhuka village in
>Sindhari District, Rajasthan in India on 26th June
>2005. This stone has been recovered and is now in the
>posssession of DIG Police. The Geological Survey of
>India (Govt Deptt) has claimed it. So far only one
>stone weighing 2.5 kg has been recoverd. It may take
>time to analyse and classify this piece.

Hi, this isn't the same supposed fall that I mentioned a few days back, is it? The date is the
24th, not the 26th, though.

http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEQ20050623132435&Page=Q&Title=ORISSA&Topic=0

Meteorites accompany showers
Friday June 24 2005 00:00 IST
KENDRAPARA: As the sky opened up in Kakat village, on the outskirts of this town, on Thursday, some
objects also fell from the heavens apart from the rain drops.

These objects, supposedly meteorites, weighed around 20 kg. Some villagers collected these pieces
and handed them over to the district administration.

Two years back some meteorites had fallen in the seaside villages of Mahakalpada and Rajnagar
blocks. The district administration has directed the villagers to deposit the objects with the
collectorate. It will be handed over to the Geological Survey of India, District Collector Hemant
Sharma said.