[meteorite-list] rock on the noggin story

From: Dave Harris <entropydave_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jul 2 12:35:09 2005

Hi,
I just wondered regarding this much publicized story of this chap just
missing being hit by a "meteorite" and "It was silver and it kind of had red
and black on the back of it and smoke."

 and so on...

Has any of our eminent listees emailed the news channels that carried this
story that they do not land "glowing" or "smoking" or whatever and therefore
this is most certainly not a meteorite?

But I also agree with Dr Branch's observation that as long as people say
things like this we know 100% for certain that it ain't a meteorite and
that they are subscribing to Hollywood's perception of what meteorites are
like. This saves us a lot of time!

Best

dave IMCA #0092
Sec.BIMS