[meteorite-list] STILL not clear - Park Forest Meteorite, Winslow St. House

From: joseph_town_at_att.net <joseph_town_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jan 29 17:48:48 2005

"I wonder what the collectability of that fall would (or will) be? Hopefully,
nobody will be trying
to sell skull-fragment impactite, but will people be paying a premium for a
"killer stone"? Will
people wanting to buy ANY part of the fall be concidered goulish?"

Darren,

Collectors are pretty specialized. I imagine pieces from a fall like that would
be priced according to the significance of the people or things that were
zapped. A killer stone that takes out a world figure or landmark would sell for more than one
that hits the average person on the street. Lot's of factors to consider!

Bill