Great American Fall and Pricing- was Re: [meteorite-list] STILL not clear - Park Forest Meteorite, Winslow St. House

From: Robert Woolard <meteoritefinder_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jan 29 16:41:26 2005

Hello Mark, Peter, and List,

  Mark wrote:

  " ...But as I mentioned, 90% of this meteorite is in
collections. The days
of US
falls under $10 a gram are over I think...."

  And Peter Marmet wrote:

" ...Peekskill, an ordinary H6 was about 10$/g when it
fell. Some complaint
about the high price at the
time.
Peekskill sells easily for 100$/g today, that's the
market, no matter
if it's a rare type or not..."

  Forgive this post if you are not interested, but I
would like to call attention to another good ol'
American fall, Portales Valley. This one truly has it
all: great story behind the fall, hit a barn, and even
made an impact hole in an asphalt road. But on top of
all that, add that it is also such a BEAUTIFUL looking
meteorite. Some of the relatively few Portales Valley
pieces I still have left for sale can be seen at:

         http://www.portalesvalleymeteorites.com

  If you do visit the site, you will see that I will
have to update it very soon, as I just sold the
largest complete slice I had this last week. (And I
have to add the new owner emailed me when it arrived
yesterday afternoon and told me how pleased he was,
and stated, quote, "the piece is awesome", end quote.)

  I am down to the last 12% or so of the 34Kg main
mass. If you have not added a PV specimen to your
collection, you might want to consider doing so before
the last few pieces are gone. I think you will find my
prices very reasonable, especially in light of Mark's
and Peter's statements above.

  I would be happy to work with you if you might be
interested in any specimen.

  Thanks for your time.

  Sincerely,
  Robert Woolard