[meteorite-list] STILL not clear - Park Forest Meteorite, Winslow St. House

From: Charlie Devine <moonrock25_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat Jan 29 07:59:32 2005

Michael,

I believe Farmer was the first to offer pieces of the Winslow St impact
with fragments of the house siding. Knowing you collect hammer stones,
I would put it this way: the Winslow St stone is not a hammerstone like
the Garza or Jones stones. It did not directly hit the house, but
rather impacted the street in front of the house. It shattered upon
impact, with pieces ricochetting into the house. As I recall at the
time, Farmer purchased a large fragment(s) that had caused the damage to
the siding and then offered slices from this fragment. It may be
reasonable to assume that Cottingham obtained his Winslow St. specimens
from Farmer.
Charlie