[meteorite-list] Cambodian meteorite/fires

From: Mike Groetz <mpg444_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 27 13:30:12 2005

"There is still a couple of other ways a meteorite can

cause a fire. If the
meteorite hits something combustible on the ground and

causes it to ignite or
explode. A gas tank of a car, for example. Or the
fireball appearance startles
someone on the ground who knocks over a gas lantern,
or drops his lit cigarette,
and a fire then ensues."

   A lady I work with suggested (with a grin) that
maybe it hit a land mine. Talk about a bulls eye hit!
   I know it is far from probable- but what a thought.
Sure would have left an explosion and a crater!

Mike