[meteorite-list] Stolen meteorite alert!!!!

From: Darren Garrison <cynapse_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jan 24 14:39:02 2005

According to the cringe-inducingly bad Babelfish translations, this was supposed to have happened
around April 2003.

Babelfish translations:

http://www.chaco.com.ar/html/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=871
PROPRIETOR OFFERS COMPENSATES BY FIRM DATA ON THE ROBBERY OF THE METEORITE OF FIELD OF THE SKY
CHARATA (Agency) ?the proprietor of the field where was the meteorite Ta?igo II, V?ctor Hugo
Conradi, offered one compensates that contributes firm information on those who robbed it, in the
first days of April. One is the second greatest one found in the zone of Field of the Sky, where a
meteorite rain at remote times seeded of extraterrestrial bodies a great strip of the province of
Santiago of the Matting and the southwest of Chaco. The removed one, that officially does not have
name, would have a weight approximated to the 6,000 kilos.
According to Conradi, the precise date of the robbery could have been 9 or 10 of April; and the
schedule, between the tardecita and the dawn, because at the moment for entering the vehicles that
participated in the sustracci?n not they see mud tracks and in the exit apparently the grass had dew
and caused that small mud tracks and clear drawings of the tires had left.

In a story to Network Television of Charata, it said that a motorcycle, an automobile, a truck would
have participated in the fact and possibly a light truck. "I know that, to do this, they must have
involved several people. In the door of my lot one tracks are seen moto that or it could have acted
of bell, and is verified that entered a truck, a car and later a great car the more or medium light
truck.

The denunciation I made Sunday 13 of April in the police station of Beautiful Field, after when with
my lady we were in favor of the place and we realized lack of the meteorite and that in his place
they left one identical one me but of cement and disguised his external part, according to commented
people to me who know, with shavings similar to the remainders of High the Furnaces of Zapla, very
used in the stuffed south of country as in plants of silos, so that it fulfills the same assignment
that the debris that we used this way. At a first moment I did not realize and to my lady it called
the attention to him that was very smooth and shining; for that reason I lowered to see better ".

It must stand out that, to accede to the place where it was Ta?igo II, it is necessary to enter a
field seeded of soybean and by a narrow way approximately two kilometers until the exact place where
it was deposited.

In search of Ta?igo II

"It wanted that if some person saw or listened something informs to me, that will be gratificado. My
data aim at a truck that would have a chassis more displaced than the normal thing; that is to say,
more length of the habitual thing, by the form as it maneuvered in the place. Then, in the dual ones
it used radial metallic tires with the drawing of the Good Year metallic; that is to say, of tacos
or traction. Although I believe that this people already changed those rubbers, but of all ways
always somebody could see. A person said to me that a white truck walked by this zone Thursday 10,
although it could not at night give other details me to be.

My telephone is 03735-15630429. I believe that the meteorite must be still in the province, because
the denunciation was relatively fast and to the third day in which evaded it, although Justice is a
little slower of which one wanted, I believe that we are going to recover the piece ".

In the police one inquired that important new features in the case and that do not exist they are
continued making diverse managements in winch of the fact, directed by the judge of instruction of
Charata, doctor Carlos Clauter.

http://www.diarionorte.com/2003/mayo/030504/interior.htm
CHARATA-El meteorite Ta?igo II, robbed in the middle of April of the 2003 of the field of V?ctor
Hugo Conradi, in the zone of Beautiful Field would have been found in in Great Buenos Aires in being
able of a dealer.

One is the second greatest one - it would have a weight approximated to the 6,000 kilos seen in the
zone of Field of the Sky, where a meteorite rain at remote times, seeded of celestial bodies a great
strip of the province of Santiago of the Matting and the southwest of Chaco.

Ta?igo II would be in being able of a meteorite dealer of the zone of Great Buenos Aires and,
according to the information of safe sources, it was prepared to be sold to the outside by extreme
several times millionaire.

The fact was denounced before the justice of Charata, that would have asked for to its pairs of
Buenos Aires its seizure.

An integrated commission traveled yesterday to that place, among others, by the proprietor of the
meteorite, that maintained a relative optimism as far as its recovery. The same one was sold a North
American collector, although it would be sent them in first term to Uruguay.

The robbery could have happened between the 9 or 10 of April of the 2003 and schedule were
considered that it could have been in hours of afternoon and at the dawn, because at the moment for
entering the vehicles that participated in the sustracci?n not they saw tracks of mud and in the
exit, apparently, the grass had dew, which caused that small mud tracks and clear drawings of the
tires had left.

In that Conradi opportunity it said that they would have participated in the fact a motorcycle, an
automobile, a truck and possibly one camioneta."Yo I know that to do this, they must have involved
several people. In the door of my lot one tracks are seen moto that or it could have acted of bell,
and is verified that entered a truck, a car and later a great car the more or medium light truck.

"the denunciation I made Sunday 13 of April in the police station of Beautiful Field, after when
with my lady we were in favor of the place and we realized lack of the same one and that in its
place, they left one identical one me but of cement and disguised his external part. I at a first
moment did not realize and to my lady she called the attention to him that was very smooth or
shining, for that reason I lowered to see better ".

Bond to emphasize that to accede to the place where was Ta?igo II it was necessary to enter a field
seeded of soybean and by a narrow way approximately two kilometers until the exact place where was
deposited.

In that opportunity, his owner offered one compensates that provides concrete data on its
whereabouts. Sources that handle the transaction of celestial bodies, consider that the cost of
Ta?igo II would go up to around the 600,000 dollars.