[meteorite-list] What's Your Favourite Pallasite?

From: Jeff Kuyken <jeff_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Jan 23 08:08:45 2005

G'day List,

Some of you may remember when almost two years ago I asked the question,
"What's your favourite Ordinary Chondrite?" which turned up some interesting
answers. The other day I received a small-ish piece of 'a' Pallasite which I
hadn't seen a nice specimen of "in person" before. It got me thinking what
my favourite Pallasite might actually be!

It's really not that easy when you think about it because there are many
beautiful localities which could easily take that place at the top of the
list.

So, while I expect a certain few to show up, I thought it would be
interesting to see which really is the favourite Pallasite flavour! If you
hit 'reply' and let me know (OFF-LIST), I'll collate the answers and post
the results in few days.

It's ok if you don't have your own pieces to have a look at because there
are plenty of great pics on the web. David Weir has a great page on
Pallasites at his site:
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9278/piatek.htm

And a list of Pallasites is available here:
http://www.meteoritesaustralia.com/class-stonyirons.html

Cheers,

Jeff Kuyken
I.M.C.A. #3085
www.meteorites.com.au

(P.S. While Seymchan and Al Mahbas are not really "official", you could
still vote for them if you want.)