[meteorite-list] Magnetic meteorites

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 20 03:20:03 2005

En un mensaje con fecha 01/19/2005 6:49:39 PM Mexico Standard Time,
bobe5531_at_comcast.net escribe:

>Have you seen a meteorite that attracts some other form of metal?

Bob, They are definitely the most magnetic rocks in our universe. Hope this
sheds light on some of the "other forms" you are after: most meteorites
attract magnets, gold, silver, brass, copper, zinc, bills, and electronic moneys,
credit cards, paypals, money burning holes in pockets, reporters, students,
scientists, sky gazers, lovers (at Monze time!), birthday boys and girls,
gift givers, Dads (and Moms), kids, folks, curiosity seekers, collectors,
entrepreneurs, aventure seekers, hunters and providers, braggarts, dogs, German and
Canadian cats, space fans, auctioneers, anomalous friends, gamblers,
speculators, maniacs and fools alike. It is that universal attraction that makes
them so special...Doug (typed oh so proudly from The United Mexican States).

Bob Evans kindly quizzed:

Sorry Little Dougie,

But here in the states Magnetic means " having magnetic properties ".
I think they're implying that the material attracts iron.
Have you seen a meteorite that attracts some other form of metal? Please
enlighten me, my friend south of the border

BE