[meteorite-list] Iron Meteorite on Mars (Color Photo)

From: DNAndrews <DNA1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 19 23:25:14 2005

>I doubt that NASA has a higer-resolution version of the photo than they are releasing to the public.
>Why not simply send the photo to one of the many photo printing services on the internet (like
>www.dotphoto.com, www.shutterfly.com, and www.clubphoto.com) and buy a print from them? Or even
>take it on a CD to a local photo lab?

Greetings all,
I hate to be a "nay-sayer" or anything of the likes. But, that picture
sure looks like a cheap Photoshop "copy-and-paste" job. Here's the link
again for you all that have filters or didn't look before:

http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/missions/mer/images.cfm?id=1466

I'm sure it's due to the false color imaging to make it look "natural"
or whatever. It just seems like the shadows don't match considering the
ground soil and the meteorite itself. I'm quite certain I'm wrong in
any insinuations above, but it doesn't look anything natural to me. I
believe they have found an iron meteorite, but that picture doesn't look
right to me. Maybe they are trying too hard to convince us???

Just my amateurish 2-cents worth,
Dave