[meteorite-list] Magnetic meteorites

From: Bob Evans <bobe5531_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 19 18:48:54 2005

With all due respect Steve................

You claimed that your new meteorite is very magnetic.
That's about as annoying as the oriented - orientated debate.
>From what I understand " Magnetic " means having the properties of a magnet.
Does your new meteorite attract Iron like a magnet?
Probably not !!
I see this used all of the time, so, am I missing something ?
Is there some meteorite out there that I've never heard of that can attract
Iron magnetically?

Thanks
Bob Evans