[meteorite-list] NPA 02-14-1875 Homestead Meteor Visible from Iowa City and Muscatine

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 19 15:39:05 2005

Paper: Davenport Daily Gazette
City: Davenport, Iowa
Date: Sunday Morning, February 14, 1875
Page: 8 (of 8)

      The meteor of Friday night was a splendid affair to Iowa City and
Muscatine. At the latter place it was big as a bushel basket - - beyond the
former, eastward, it burst, and loud was the report thereof.

(end)

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
Wichita, Kansas
http://www.meteoritearticles.com
http://www.kansasmeteoritesociety.com
http://www.imca.cc

http://stores.ebay.com/meteoritearticles

PDF copy of this article, and most I post (and about 1/2 of those on my
website), is available upon e-mail request.

The NPA in the subject line, stands for Newspaper Article. The old list
server allowed us a search feature the current does not, so I guess this is
more for quick reference and shortening the subject line now.