[meteorite-list] Chacabuco North Chile question

From: Rodrigo Martinez <rod.martinez_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 19 12:50:42 2005

Hola Martin, Bernd and List

The following eight meteorites, with total weight 266kg, identical in
structure and omposition, are now collectively known as North Chile because
exact localities are unknown. Coya Norte, Filomena, Puripica, Quillagua, Rio
Loa, San Martin, Tocopilla & Union.

Chacabuco is the locality of last North Chile, found 1932, the stone weight
was 66kg and was bought for Robert Haag who sent it for classification
around 15 years ago, the result of this classification was N.Ch. therefore,
Robert has the precis data of this N.Ch.

Best regards

Rodrigo Martinez
Atacama Desert Meteorites
www.meteorites.cl