[meteorite-list] Odds of finding a meteorite on Mars

From: MexicoDoug_at_aol.com <MexicoDoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 19 02:58:09 2005

Sterling, didn't you hear? The Strawberry Fields home in the UK is getting
closed, so they're clearly not forever. So with all those slick names that
are being dreamt up, Strawberry Fields on Mars would be an appropiate tribute
in my opinion and probably very appealing to the Ad hoc nomenclature
committee of martian geography. And the opportunity to wake up to Beatles (but no
other Bugs) on Mars after the search for nanoorganisms could be refreshing...

Now, if you really want to know the scientific reason for the strawberry
fields on Mars, statistically they've found all these blueberry fields, and I
think Mars is a more fun place than Maine or New Jersey or whatever frigid
place this time of year that has blueberries at some point.

Also the Schiller Effect clearly would be tilted to the pink and I am sure
even the iridescent olivine in the Al Mablas' there even would be
preferentially glowing strawberry colored rainbows because it is of course proper to
discuss color in its ambient natural conditions -on Mars. Then again maybe
someone knows what configuration of excited d-orbitals in the Cromium, Vanadium
would turn bright red in tektite glass after all that ultraviolet absorption
going on in Mars...it may be far away but I haven't heard of any stratospheric
ozone cloud filters on Mars.

Does that get me off the hook or shall i continue:) (No please don't answer
that except Sterling) By the way i totally disagree that the rovers have 75
to 100 meters of meteorite vision on Mars. I think any listmenber could do
better than a rover, and I am personally lucky to have 5 meters each way with
 all those rocks around and a superior neck and rods and cones than the
pancam...Though the rest of your post was great. Just think, that poor meteorite
that NASA is giving the cold shoulder instead of spirit and opportunity must
really think Earth is invading (gracias H.G. & Walter and soon Tom Cruise).
It saw one Rover in its square field, so it must think that there are about
a thousand million Earth machines drilling holes in the heads of all the
rocks on mars...

En un mensaje con fecha 01/19/2005 12:31:05 AM Mexico Standard Time,
kelly_at_bhil.com escribe:
And lastly, Doug, I've got to ask! Why would Martian tektites be
strawberry pink??? Inquiring minds want to know...