[meteorite-list] Fw: Happy Birthday Nininger & things to see near Tucson

From: DNAndrews <DNA1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jan 17 22:27:42 2005

>> Titan Missile Museum - Descend 35-feet underground and get an
>> up-close look at the world's last remaining intact Titan Missile
>> still housed in its silo. Located 25 miles south of Tucson, this once
>> secret, Cold War facility is open for one-hour guided tours leaving
>> every 30 minutes. Walking shoes are required and reservations are
>> suggested. Entry fee. located approximately 25 miles south of Tucson.
>> From Tucson take I-l9 south to Green Valley. Take exit 69, Duval Mine
>> Road, and go West 1/l0 mile past La Canada to the entrance, 1580 West
>> Duval Mine Road, Sahuarita; (520) 625-7736;
>> <http://www.pimaair.org>www.pimaair.org.

Funny you should mention this Keith...or John. My dad used to be an
electrician at this site. At that time, we moved from New Mexico to
Tucson when I was about 6 yrs. old. Before that he worked at Roswell,
NM and some other missle site near the Continental Divide. Since he is
gone now, I'd very much like to see this site.

Thanks for the info and showing my AGE....Arrrgh,
Carlsbad Dave