[meteorite-list] Mars Rover Discovers A Potential Meteorite

From: Göran Axelsson <axelsson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Jan 14 17:32:43 2005

Whatever it is, it wasn't the look that caught the eye of the
scientists, it was
the thermal spectrometer that gave an unusual signature.

We just have to wait until after the weekend. I guess an answer will be
rushed forward on this one. If it is an iron meteorite then it should be
easy to see the difference towards the silicate rocks of Mars.

/G?ran