[meteorite-list] Was...talk about a good idea...Now Welcome Leigh Anne

From: MARK BOSTICK <thebigcollector_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 13 11:14:08 2005

Hello Leigh Anne and welcome to the Meteorite Central mailing list,

I have a nice moldavite pendant necklace that Leigh Anne made a little over
a year ago. I think around the time she found out about our meteorite groups
in general. It is moldavite, silver moonstones, and some other green stone
that I can't remember. I wear it every now and then and have gotten several
compliments.

The necklace is viewable here:

http://www.meteoritearticles.com/files/Moldavite_Necklace.jpg

I would like to apologize to you for the actions of my fellow Meteorite
Central list members. My introduction to the list was not too friendly
either. I dared mention a marketing name I had used in sports memorabilia
for about five years at that point (The Big Collector).

It is a shame you had to introduce yourself in such a defensive manner.

It is also a shame that Meteorite Central list members chose to voice their
opinion’s in public without taken other actions first. Since Leigh Anne is
an IMCA member, the correct thing to do would be to first e-mail one of the
IMCA board members that you feel comfortable with. (Ken is usually the most
up to date on ebay auctions I think). The IMCA is not a policing action,
unlike what some people, mostly non-members wish it to be, but it does and
will police itself. Look at the major coin associations and you will see the
IMCA falls in line with them, as compared to meteorite police.

It makes me wish what others have expressed. That we had a moderated
Meteorite Central list.

In another note. That Camp was very interesting looking all polished. I
can not think of seeing another Campo like it. I thought it made it look
like what new meteorite buyers want meteorites to look like.

Clear Skies,
Mark Bostick
www.meteoritearticles.com