[meteorite-list] Polished Muong Nong

From: James Tobin <jimmypaul_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 12 23:27:00 2005

Hi List,
Sorry I should have looked before the last post but we do have some
specimens of cut and polished Muong Nong still up to see. All but one have
sold but the pictures remain.

http://www.meteorite.com/catalog/australasian/thai_mn/Muong_Nong_Polished.htm

The best picture is of specimen MFT-P1 which Paul has shot with the
reflection of a plant outside a window showing on the face. This will give
you some idea of how flat the surface is. Some of the other specimens were
chosen because of the great differences in the glass that they have to show
. One is very frothy on half and the other portion is very solid. One is
very banded. Take a look, enjoy. We have been leaving the pictures up since
they are so nice, but I guess we should put some more specimens up to sell.
We sort of hate to let these babies go though.

Nothing like a tektite thread to bring me out of hiding.
Best wishes, Jim