[meteorite-list] Comet Machholz (C/2004 Q2)

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 6 18:44:26 2005

A nice naked-eye object (provided that skies are dark) in the Northern
hemisphere! A few hours ago I easily found and saw it even from
light-polluted downtown Berlin with 7x35 binocs near the Pleiades in the
constellation of Taurus, and envy you observers with much better seeing
conditions in the more rural areas.

One of many useful links: http://www.heavens-above.com

OT? Not really - think of Orgueil, Tagish Lake etc., those fragile
meteorites that we have in our collections! And did not many of us
discover our passion for meteorites from a previous and still ongoing
silent love with astronomy..?? :-)

Alex
Berlin/Germany