[meteorite-list] Tucson auction absentee bids

From: Michael L Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 6 17:48:04 2005

Hi Bernhad, Tracy & all,
        I can't speak for other auctions,
        As for mine, there is a 5% buyers premium paid on all sales.
        If you use a credit card, there is an additional 5% to cover my
costs of processing such payments.
        If you are an absentee bidder, there is a 5% absentee bid charge.
This includes my mailing the piece to you - but not the actual cost
of the mailing (and insurance).
        Therefore, if you place an absentee bid AND WIN THE BID,
you pay the standard 5% buyers premium +5% for using a credit card +5%
for handling + actual shipping and insurance.
        Someone contacted me asking what if they had a proxy present to bid
for them and pay via cashier's check - no problem, then there is only the
standard 5% buyers premium. If I know you, a personal check will do.
No problemo. In fact, any absentee bidder I know who wants to mail me
a blank check (signed) prior to the auction, I will fill the sucker in and
you can save the 5% for use of credit card - I make no money on that and
it is a pain not to be able to pay all sellers the night of the auction -
though payment is only guaranteed within the week, nearly everyone
prefers instant payment, understandably, and the number of credit card
purchases is usually low enough that I can pay everyone immediately.
        If anyone still has questions, email me off list and I will be happy
to go over every possible contingency.
        Also, I still only have about 82 items in the catalog and would love
to have 125, so, please email me details on any great pieces you would
like to sell along with a good jpgs.
        RSVP
        Best wishes, Michael