[meteorite-list] RE: New Lucerne discovery -- historical info first

From: Zelimir Gabelica <Z.Gabelica_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Jan 6 05:47:02 2005

Hi List,

Time is missing to fully comment the whole actual list polemics (boring
ads, attacks, new list, moderated list...). I am just now keeping reading
(= overlooking) various comments and perhaps will send my feelings once
more ideas are put on the table by people technically more expert than me
for some in depth debate or restructuration (if any needed!).
So far, I spontaneously act as Anne or Anita or Rob suggested, thus
ignoring uninteresting posts, ignoring abusers and playing as far as I can
with the "delete" key.

What I wanted just to say here is that I use to put in my own archives
those posts that I consider interesting for my hobby or information.
I just went through my archives built since about 4 years or so and noticed
that most of such posts are dealing with technical data on meteorites
and...hunting stories.

And noticed that, since about one month, the only addition to my archives
turned to be the this morning story sent by Rob Matson about the Lucerne
Dry Lake historical recovery info!

Not because I love or have these particular meteorites (I haven't any), nor
because I want to go hunting over there (probably in another life...).
Just because I love meteorites in general and am curious about how they
reach our Earth and stabilize under favorable conditions. I am always
pleased to complete my references or archives with such infos.
Last but not least, this stimulates my sweetest dreaming about such stories
into which I would have loved to be involved. (No doubt that I am probably
not far from Bernd's feelings)

I am now anxiously looking forward to reading the part 2.

I stay confident that we all are wise and courteous enough to be able to
get rid of all nasty or boring off-topic posts/ads, to leave the flame wars
disappear spontaneously and to share again our feelings or experiences
related to meteorites.

Best wishes,

Zelimir

A 20:27 05/01/05 -0800, vous avez ?crit :