[meteorite-list] A Call For A New Meteorite List

From: Alexander Seidel <gsac_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Jan 5 16:04:22 2005

> While I certainly agree that the flame wars etc. make this list virtually
> a joke, I do not think a new list would catch on to the point where it
> replace this list. It has just been around too long. I think the answer
> is to fix what we have.

I have been around here since the very beginnings, many years ago,
and I have been a silent lurker for almost all of the time, with
a few exceptions, when I had something to say here.

I agree to what Jim said in the cited statement above, and to what
Adam Hup? added in a more recent post. A *new* list would not solve the
problem - and a list for IMCA members would probably be, well, a "lonely
place", compared to the meteorite list even in the bad state that it seems
to be in right now.

By the way: have you frequent OT-posters and fighters and moralizers
and and and... ever thought about why the *real* big ones of the
meteorite scene never ever raised their voice here? Bob Haag e.g. - you
may ask him about this list, and he will give you his reply to your
question! A good bunch of the high roller private collectors that I know are
definitely *not* interested in either actively or passively following this
list.

Have you ever asked yourselves *why this is so*..??

Btw: I admire Art for his almost unbelievable patience in hosting this
forum.

Well, just a few thoughts,
Alex
Berlin/Germany