[meteorite-list] Ad - NWA3118 With Chondrule Field!

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Jan 4 00:32:57 2005

 Rob Wesel made this statement:

 Looks exactly like the dark inclusion thread about a month ago, several
scientists here and in Japan are working on it. Early unofficial thoughts
are that it is solidified sediment, not chondritic.
 Have your UW group check in with Cascadia Meteorite Laboratory's Alex
Ruzicka, may save some steps.

My response:

This is not an amorphos field but one that contains <1mm chondrules. Oxygen
isotopes are being plotted for both lithologies so we should know if it is
CM or what I suspect, A CO3.

Here is a link to a piece I plan on selling, the rest has been donated to
science. This image clearly demonstrates that chondrules are present in the
field:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6503275285

Kind Regards,

Adam Hupe