[meteorite-list] amguid carter link

From: Michel Franco <michel_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Jan 3 15:40:14 2005

Dear list

Here is the link to my amguid crater page.
www.caillou-noir.com/amguidcrater.htm

Please have a look, this 570 m crater deserves to be more known : it is
really a nice structure with a dry clay lake in the bottom. It is well
preserved and has a human size.

This crater has been dated 10 000 to 100 000 years by geological observation
(Lambert and alt, 1971.) We suspect it is much older. We brought back some
limestones to try a datation of it. I spend some times with a metal detector
around the rims but did not had any signifacative echo.

During this 2004 christmas expedition, we searched and found a shorter way
to reach it from the camp where we left the FWD. In 2002 we had walked 10
hours to reach it. This year only 3 and a half. It makes a large difference.
Our sons and Francoise my wife were able to make it and return in a day
while I spend a night over there with Bertrand Devouard of University of
Clermont Ferrand. We had rain during the night and of course no tent to
shelter. Another good saharan experience.
I saw a female mouflon and her puppy while I was prospecting. We faced each
other for a couple of minutes before they ran away. I wished I had their
skill to run in the rocks !

Keep on travelling. and visit Algeria, by far the most fansatic landscapes
all over Sahara. Hey Mike, we came back safe, the kids too!

Best regards

Michel FRANCO
Caillou Noir www.caillou-noir.com
BP 16, 100 Chemin des Camp?nes