[meteorite-list] Questions the List may be able to help with.

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon Feb 28 15:18:11 2005

Dear List Members,

I was wondering if somebody on this List may be able to help me with some
questions.

My first question is: Has anybody heard of the Cook Collection? I am asking
because I purchased some specimens from Bob Haag and he lost track of this
particular piece. He says it came from the Cook Collection and is not to be
confused with the Australian Cook meteorite. He said this is a US piece
that came from some place like Missouri or Kansas, he just can't recall. It
appears to be a shock darkened, fresh chondrite with metal veining. This
particular specimen weighs 373.8 grams and is a complete slice. Any
information would be greatly appreciated!

Full view of Cook meteorite:
http://themeteoritesite.com/Cook-1.jpg

Close-up of label:
http://themeteoritesite.com/Cook-2.jpg

My second question is in regards to the Harrisonville, Missouri L6
chondrite. I believe it was found as 14 separate specimens weighing in at
12.9 Kilos. I was wondering what the largest specimen weighs. I acquired
the 801 gram specimen from Bob and was wondering main mass status? If this
is not the main mass I may make it available to another well known and
respected List member who expressed an interest in it.

Thank you in advance for any help you can provide,
Kind Regards,

Adam Hupe
The Hupe Collection
Team LunarRock