[meteorite-list] Cutting a large meteorite with ...

From: AL Mitterling <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun Feb 27 03:58:32 2005

Hi Bernd and all,

I have stood next to the slab of Mundrabilla at the Smithsonian (about a
year ago) and it is an amazing piece. Not just the matrix which is very
interesting but the fact it is stood length way on the floor and stands
vertical to museum visitors. My friend who was width me is fairly tall
and this stood taller than him!!! Nice to see such a hugh span of
meteoritic material.

--AL Mitterling (two campo's worth :-) )

bernd.pauli_at_paulinet.de wrote:

Another interesting aside:

About 8 or 9 slabs were cut from this mass, four of which (about 250 kg
each)were donated to the Smithsonian Institution, the Academy of Science
in Moscow,the British Museum in London, and the Australian Museum in
Adelaide.