[meteorite-list] tile saw cut meteorites?

From: Bob Evans <bobe5531_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri Feb 25 22:31:03 2005

Tom,

My advice is to get a regular lapidary saw the largest size that you can
afford. If you get a 6 inch you may be kicking yourself for not being able
to slice up a large stone. After some practice your cuts will be smoother
and you will have half the cut loss that you would have with a tile
saw.Getting one with a clamp is a definite plus.
Don't worry about cutting with water. I cut with water all of the time. Its
alot cleaner than cutting with oil.
Just put the meteorites in a toaster oven for 15 minutes right after you cut
them. They shouldnt rust.

Good luck
Bob