[meteorite-list] Finally a field nickel test

From: Jeffrey Shallit <elvis_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed Feb 23 19:41:44 2005

> Suddenly I spotted a few stones with brightly pink patches of erythrite,
> a cobalt mineral created by weathering.
> Happily I started to collect theese rare specimens and showed it to my
> friends.

I live about 6 hours from Cobalt, Ontario, where it is pretty easy to
find erythrite specimens, most of which are pink crusts on cobalt and
nickel minerals (although I have one piece with needle-like crystals).
I was there last fall and collected lots of erythrite. I'd happily
trade some Canadian erythrite for some meteorites...

Jeffrey Shallit