[meteorite-list] Apollo 16 Moon dust on ebay...mmmmmmmmm

From: ken newton <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Feb 22 23:25:12 2005

Walter, Stan and List,
Just to clarify my previous statement. I was referring to was Apollo
Space Mission # 11 ( not #16) when Armstrong, Aldrin and Collins
returned from their mission and brought back samples of moon rocks.
These samples were then delivered to the Lunar Receiving Laboratory
(LRL) at the Manned Space Center located in Houston, Texas. I was told a
small amount of 'moon dust' (possibly dust from cuttings, not suits?)
was later given to a few members of the ?Prime Team? in the LRL to
commemorate their part in this great moment in history. I was told this
by a person who claimed to be married to a "Prime Team' member who
received a sample. Again, I cannot confirm the accuracy of story.
best,
ken