[meteorite-list] Apollo 16 Moon dust on ebay...mmmmmmmmm

From: ken newton <magellon_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue Feb 22 18:33:09 2005

I would not quickly discount the story. I have heard that each member of
NASA's Prime Recovery Team was given a small vile with a lunar dust and
fragments cleaned from space suits and boots. Last year I asked NASA to
confirm this but I am not aware of any response. As far as the fragments
up for auction, perhaps they are from the 'blue moon' that occasionally
appears ;>)
best,
ken